KHOU: Fire breaks out at River Oaks group home
A small fire forced residents of The Center, which serves people with developmental disabilities, to evacuate Wednesday night, Houston CBS affiliate KHOU reports:
Investigators said the fire broke out The Center, in one of the largest buildings, the Cullen Residence Hall. The blaze started on the first floor in a dryer system and was quickly contained.
About 122 people with various disabilities, from blindness to deafness to mental disabilities, reside at The Center. All the people were safely evacuated to an outdoor area. There were no injuries reported. Residents were allowed to return to their homes Wednesday night.
Local Advertising by PaperG